Friday, May 21, 2010

And all is revealed... :D !

I found out where I will be going in Switzerland!! The city is called Basel and it's in an amazing spot. It's at the top of Switzerland and touched TWO OTHER countries!! It touches Germany AND France. As I read about it, a website stated that many people work in Switzerland, shop in France and party in Germany. I can't wrap my head around that!! Since Canada is SO large, it's hard to wrap my head around that ...
If it's possible, I'd love to stand at the point that attaches the three countries, standing in THREE countries at once!! That'd be really really cool, but we'll see if that's possible...

Here's Basel on a map :


Tomorrow morning I will be heading off to Ottawa for four days. We will be doing some really exciting things like: staying at University of Ottawa, going to museums like the Canadian War Museum and the Museum of Human Civilization. We will also be doing a Haunted Walk Tour and have free time around Ottawa! Also, we'll be going to Parliament Hill and the Supreme Court of Canada. I'm happy we go there so that I'll know the answers to the questions people will ask me about the government here, while I am off in Switzerland!

I will post a blog afterwards telling you how it was... I'm very excited to see everyone again. The inbound and outbound exchange students are all attending so it'll be very fun!

Take care,
have a great long weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment