Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Three More Days!

Only three more days until I leave for three days to the Rotary Camp. This is my chance to meet fellow Rotarian's that are inbounding and out bounding (here in Canada for a year, or leaving in August for a year).
I'm not totally sure what goes on at this camp, but I know that it's going to be a fun time! Among many exciting things, this is the weekend that I find out what country I have been selected to go to. The list of countries that are a possibility (if I remember correctly) are: Austria, Italy, Germany, Denmark, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. I may be forgetting a few, but those are the countries that come to mind. On the application we were allowed to choose our top three countries, I chose : Italy, Switzerland then France. Many people have asked if I care what country I go to? The answer is no, it will be a huge learning experience no matter where I go. Wherever I go, is where I'm meant to go and I will go into it with an open mind. I am so lucky to be apart of this program, and I know that it will be an amazing trip because it is what I make it, and I will make the best of it.
Sunday is the day I find out which country I go to, and to be honest I am very nervous! I am nervous because it is going to have a major impact on my future and the person I am becoming. I am not usually nervous but I have been waiting to hear what country I have been selected to go to, for so long and it has always been a thought in my head and now it is finally the time!
The major goal I have is to learn the language of where ever I go. Even if they speak a lot of English in that country, I will work as hard as I can to learn their native language. I will figure out ways to learn it, but my plan is to study it for the next six months until I leave, then force myself to practice, practice and practice while I am there! I am very determined which will help my goal.
Anyway, I'll be sure to write a post as soon as I find out the country that I am going to.
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment