Tuesday, October 5, 2010

tassin !



Well once again I am making the most of my school holidays by doing more traveling!

Last Thursday I went to Tassin with a few other exchange students:



and I have never been so in love with a place in my life !! It was really odd for me because I instantly felt at home although it was a brand new place, brand new culture, brand new language, everything was new. Tassin is in the south of Switzerland, the Italian part. Once I arrived I instantly fell in love, maybe it was the palm trees or the very friendly people, or the huge market with Italian buildings surrounding me, or the fabulous pizza!! Whatever it was, I LOVED it !!!

Ana and I went for a boat ride on the lake and it was gorgeous. It was a tiny paddle boat and we just went out and floated in the middle of the lake with my eyes not being able to focus again because everything was too beautiful.










It's a really beautiful place and I suggest to everyone to add Locarno, Tassin, Switzerland onto your Bucket List, you won't regret it.


This weekend I had a Rotary Fall weekend with a bunch of other exchange students, we started out by going to a cookie factory - unbelievable. We tried all the samples then left, I felt a little bad but hey I loved the cookies!! Then we stayed at a place that usually boy scouts stay at, it was really relaxed and you just did your own thing. We played cards and sat and had nice chats with other exchange students. The next day we went to a big mountain/hill thing and overlooked all the mountains in Bern.. it was beautiful. I'm so lucky to be seeing the sights I see, having the talks I have, meeting the people I meet, I love exchange. 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, Katie. You must be having the time of your life!
    Cheers from Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is My "Rotary" Adventure. You could not experience this without Rotary. Congratulations on your expanded view of the world and it's people! You are helping to promote world peace and understanding. I love reading your blog. Be sure to keep posting! I'm captivated.

    ReplyDelete