Monday, October 25, 2010

A weekend in the alps !!!

There's nothing like waking up to mountains at your window..

Ana is another exchange student in my village from Mexico, and we spend EVERY second with each other !! So her host family is like a family to me here and they invited me to go to their cottage in the alps this past weekend. I knew it was going to be beautiful but I had no idea what it'd be like, and it was jaw dropping.

We arrived Friday night and unpacked all our stuff, I couldn't see the views since it was dark when we arrived which made it even better to wake up to in the morning. It felt like Christmas morning when I woke up! We woke up to mountains in EVERY window we looked out of. We ate breakfast while viewing mountains, with the sounds of a big river in our back yard and a beautiful old church very close to the apartment. Life can't get any better than this, I'm convinced of that. View from kitchen window:


At 10:00 a.m we left to go on a trek through the mountains and did about 5 hours of walking...  We started out my taking a chair lift to the middle spot! woo!! Then walked along through paths along the mountains. Ana's host family has two dogs, a golden retriever and a black lab and it was so amazing to be with dogs again since I miss mine SO much! Here are some photos of our walk:




It was the most beautiful walk I have ever taken.

Once we got home we all snuggled into the couches in the living room and talked to Ana's host parents about the trips they have been on, they have been to the coolest places!! Different countries in Africa and such, I loved hearing about their trips. It opened my eyes to all the possibilities this world has to offer. We looked through National Geographic magazines and I kept dreaming of touring to these places I kept hearing of. As a kid I always wanted to tour to Ireland, that was my ideal dream and don't get me wrong - I will go there one day. However, I have so many travel dreams now, I have a list of the top 5 places I want to go to now:
1) Alaska
2) Egypt
3) South Africa
4) Australia
5)Brazil

Meeting people from these parts of the world and talking to people that have traveled to those countries, makes me really eager to go there. I've always dreamed of becoming a teacher and I think that's probably what I'll end up doing, which is great because it leaves lots of options open for me: I can teach in those countries! I can find jobs there through teaching, and if not, if I stay in Canada and hopefully find a job (there are no teaching positions!), then I have summers off and I can travel then. I am a girl with many huge dreams now.. Sorry I got sidetracked..

On Sunday we sadly had to pack up and head home, and on our way home we went to an indoor water park for a few hours. The slides were so fun and it was my first indoor water park that I've been to!! It was so great, I loved every second of it.

I know I keep saying this was the best weekend yet, but it just continues to get better and better, I didn't think that was possible!!

I LOVE SWITZERLAND SO MUCH.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment