Friday, March 11, 2011

Mom came to Switzerland!

On March 3rd, after an hour flight delay and many emotional moments during the waiting period in the airport, my mom finally walked through the Arrival Gate in the Zurich Airport. It has been seven months since I have last seen her so it was an emotional greeting since I have really missed her. Tomorrow she heads back home to Canada, it won't be long until I see her again since the months fly by and my exchange sadly ends in four months.

While she was here we went on many adventures in my attempt to show her Switzerland in 9 days. Here are the photos to show what we did:

Mom came to my school and met my best friend Ana. Ana and I showed my mom the entire school and had a lot of nice chats so Ana and my mom could get to know each other. 

My mom and I went to Basel (the big city that I am close to) and went to the Marktplatz (Market place). We bought some Swiss cheese, Swiss bread and took it to the river and ate it in the beautiful sunshine. 

Mom and I went flying in the Swiss Alps!! It was one of the most incredible things I have ever done in my life. I absolutely loved it and enjoyed this once in a lifetime opportunity, to the fullest. 

This is a view from the plane as we flew through the Swiss Alps. 

My mom and I took a 4 hour train ride trip to Southern Switzerland. We went to 2 cities, Bellinzona and Locarno. These two cities are on the border of Italy, so we got to experience what it is like in Italy. We had amazing pizza.

Mom and I in the Italian part of Switzerland.

At night we went to Zurich, the largest city in Switzerland. We walked around, shopped and went out for some really good dinner. The food here is incredible.

We went to France!!! After a nice lunch with Rotary, my Rotary counsellor Peter, took my mom and I to France to see another culture. 

In France, we went to a big Supermarket. France is famous for their fish so here is a picture of my mom and I standing with the Fish lady in front of the stand. 

We went to a hotel in Interlaken for 3 days. Interlaken is a little town in the Swiss Alps. From our balcony we had an amazing view of many mountains. This is me standing on our balcony.

We took a train ride to the top of the Alps. We were very fortunate with amazing weather and had an amazing day together as we drank coffee in the mountains.

View of the mountains!

It was an amazing time with my mom, and tomorrow she goes back home. It was really nice to spend a week with her and be with her again!! 

1 comment:

  1. What fun photos! I bet your mom hugged you long and hard!

    ReplyDelete