Monday, February 28, 2011

going to Munich! 3 more days mommy!

Sorry I have been soooooooooooooo busy lately and no time to update anyone about what's going on!!
A couple weekends ago, my Rotary Counselor took me to some really cool places. It was a lot of fun to spend the day with him, and him and I get along really well with a lot of similar interests which gives us a lot to talk about. We started out by going to a museum about old music machines, before the record player. It was really interesting to learn about how they listened to music, and I got to hear the famous orchestra automatic music machine that was in the sister-Titanic  ship called the Britanic. They used that when they did long cruises, but took it out because they had to use that ship during war. That ship got sunk during war and they were happy to have taken it out since it is worth millions today and a huge part in history. I was able to hear it play!! It was really cool.

Afterwards, Peter and I crossed the bridge in his village that crosses into Germany!! I stood with one foot in Germany and one foot in Switzerland, it was a really special moment for me. We went to a church in Germany and inside this church was a small room with candles, flowers, pews and a place the priest can stand. We went in there and I asked him what it was for.. He began to explain that this was the place the families went to during the war to pray for their friend or family member currently fighting.There was a huge board of names, birth date, date of death and where they died or in which battle. There were hundreds of name and they all came from that little city on the border. I started to ask questions and we had a really good conversation, and I explained to him that I have always wanted to go to a Concentration Camp but will have to come back to Europe one day to do so, since it is too far from Switzerland to do it this year. He told me that there was one in Munich, called Dachau. He told me the partner club to my Rotary club is Munich and he can see what he can do to get me there. It's amazing what someone will do for someone else, just out of the common good and I really thank him for everything he has done for me and helped me with.

Last night I received a phone call saying he found a Rotary family in Munich that will host me and my best friend, Ana from Mexico. So in 2 weeks, Ana and I will be travelling to Munich for 4 days. One day for Dachau, and the other days to travel the beautiful city. It will be a very eye opening experience and will definitely teach me a lot. I am very excited to go.

Here are some pictures of that day with Peter:


standing on the border! :)


Germany


The church in Germany


Germany

I am so excited for Ana and I to go to Munich, it'll be so amazing! There are a tonne of trips planned to other countries but I will talk to them once they come!

MY MOM COMES IN 3 DAYS!!
It has been nearly 7 months without her, which is hard to imagine if you knew how close we are. I am so excited to show her my life here, so on 10 45 am on Thursday, I will be reconnected with my mom once again after being apart for 7 months. I am so incredibly excited to see her and we have so much planned so she is going to see a LOT of Switzerland in just 9 days!!

Welcome mommy and have a safe flight .. I'll be eagerly waiting for you at the arrivals gate!!


No comments:

Post a Comment