Saturday, April 30, 2011

World hockey finals, gold medal game!!

They don't air hockey to much over here in the land of the Swiss so I didn't really realize that in Zurich which is about an hour away from me, was the World Women Hockey Championship tournament!! My brother told me that "Canada and the USA are in the finals tomorrow night and it's in Zurich!" So of course I suited up, asked a friend to come along, and there I found myself at the gold medal game !!

If you didn't get a chance to see it on TV, let me tell you, that was an exciting game!! It was back and forth the whole three periods, and ended in a 2-2 tie which meant that we were about to enter an exciting round of overtime. Before the overtime period started, the ladies went off the ice for 15 minutes just like ever break between periods. The man that was interviewing the players and officials for the Jumbotron and the TV was looking around the audience for a Canadian fan to interview. Sometimes during his interviews with game officials, they spoke German so I randomly got the urge to look at him as he looked at me and yell "I SPEAK GERMAN!!" However, he just wanted a Canadian fan that spoke English. But I caught his eye, because he called me to the front and there I was on TV and on the big jumbotron at that game, being interviewed.

Unfortunately, the USA scored in overtime and won 3-2. Although it was a sad ending, I had such an amazing time there! Ana and I went and sat with a big group of Canadian fans when we arrived and met a bunch of fun people and enjoyed the game with as we cheered our hearts out for Canada.







1 comment: