Sunday, July 3, 2011

Klassenlager F1C !

This past week was once again, a very memorable week of my exchange. I know I say that a lot, maybe because it's always memorable and amazing weeks. This one, was once again another really special week.

At the end of the year, each class has a trip for a week. Depending on which grade they are in, is how far they go. The first class stays in Switzerland, the last grade goes on trips like to Barcelona.

I am in the first class so we went to a little house in the mountains, near a famous city called Interlaken.

At the beginning we had very hot weather, which was about 33 degrees Celsius. The nights were pretty hot and sticky, but nonetheless hilarious. Our little house consisted of 2 bathrooms and rooms made for 8 - 10 people. On each side are matrices on the floor, where everyone slept together.

Near the end of the week it cooled down quite a bit, which made our night consisted of a big snuggle group to keep us all warm on the cold mountain nights.

The week, was so busy and so great. Since we were a class of 22 girls with 2 female teachers, it mainly consisted of things like back massages, manicures, facials, hand massages, etc. Since the two teachers are athletes, we did a lot of sports if you chose to join them. Of course I did, since I absolutely love sports and I had a great time with the other sport lover in the class, Alex.

We also spent a day hiking, of course, we are in Switzerland after all! We went to a waterfall, and walked and of course talked, talked and talked.

The HUGE different between this trip and a Canadian trip, was that alcohol was allowed! The two rules, were that it had to stay in moderation and after dinner. You were allowed to go buy alcohol or bring your own, it was so funny to see people drinking together socially and not having a single worry, because it's allowed!! In Canada, they will search your bag to make sure you have nothing, here you are allowed it. It's so different, and so exciting!!

Such an amazing week and an extremely hard goodbye on Friday. I stood at the train station, waiting by the train that was going to take me back to my home here in Switzerland. As the clock ticked away, the time came when it was time for me to say goodbye to my class. The people I saw 5 days a week for almost 9 hours a day for the last year, and it was my last time seeing them. I have such good relationships with these girls that I met, I have learnt so much from them and I hope they learned a lot from me. I spent so much time with these people over the last year and they were all a big part of my exchange. So we stood in a group, hugging with tears in every eye, with the big hug and the final goodbye. It was extremely painful, and I will miss this amazing class a lot and I wish them good luck throughout their next years in FMS Muttenz.

I'll miss you ladies.














Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment