Thursday, August 19, 2010

Deutsch, Deutsch, Deutsch.


Although I am always busy seeing new things and meeting new people, there is always one thing on my mind - the German language!!

Coming here, I thought a lot more people would be fluent in English than what there really is.. I guess it's better this way! I am learning it a lot faster than I would if everyone knew English, so in the long run it's a good thing.
I go to a German course 5 days a week for the next four weeks!!

I'm very excited to be able to understand and speak German, it'll make life a LOT easier.

I'm still LOVING it here in Switzerland! The people are amazing, the food is amazing and it's such a beautiful country. I am starting to get in the routine of things and it's all coming together. I have great news- I finally know how to use the train, tram and bus by myself now! I take all three just to get to my German course every morning. Luckily, I travel with three other exchange students for the majority of the time but I feel comfortable to go alone if I ever need to. That is a HUGE step for me!! When I went on my first train here, a couple days into my exchange, I thought I was NEVER going to be able to do it alone. I am already becoming a lot more independent and it's only almost 2 weeks into my exchange. I can't imagine what it will be like in a year!! There is no yellow school bus that picks up all the students and takes them to school, many kids have to start taking the train and whatnot, by themselves at a very young age! The independence is awesome here and it's teaching me a lot.

This Saturday I get to see my first mountain ! I'm going to Bern which is the capital of Switzerland and I'm seeing the Parliament and also going to the giant mountains. I can't wait !!

I will continue to keep you updated. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment