Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Adam Lambert Concert

I haven't been to many concerts, but this may stay on the top concert list for a long time...

Last night I went to Zurich with my host sister and two of her friends from work, Melanie and Thomas. I was very excited but didn't really know what to expect since I only knew Adam Lambert's biggest hits, which are those typical party songs. I thought it was going to be all dancing and jumping, but it had some really emotional moments too.

I don't know if many of you know Adam Lambert, he came second on American Idol and became an idol for many, since he came out to the world and announced he was gay. The concert had many gay men, and to be honest it was the greatest vibe. You could feel how much of an inspiration he was, people stood there tall with their head held high, proud of who they are. Look how far this world has come! There were many emotional moments when Adam sat there talking to the audience, and you could feel the positive, emotional energy throughout the room. He told the audience that they're going to be okay, they're not alone and to not be afraid it's going to work out in the "Aftermath" which was the name of one of his songs he played. You could see tears in many peoples eyes and I just sat there knowing, every person in this room has their own story.  Here's the link to the song "Aftermath," that was a very moving song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo01ebRKbzc

After the concert, I got interviewed by the local radio! I basically said on the radio, what I said in the previous paragraph.

Adam has an amazing voice which was beautiful to stand there and flow with the music while being crushed by hundreds of people all standing together, some with tears in their eyes. There were also very fun party music moments too which was hilarious! Everyone had their hands up in the air, bouncing together and the room was filled with smiles. He is an excellent performer!





That concert has officially made me thirst to go to more concerts, so cheers to a new beginning for me.


PS! The first snow fall in my village was last night / today! It gets me so excited for Christmas, I always love the first snow fall. Here is a picture of my beautiful snowy village, from the back porch of my house:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment