Sunday, November 21, 2010

Beautiful Mountains & MET CANADIANS !!



Just had one of the best days yet in Switzerland...

Today I went to the mountains in Lucerne, it was incredible. We took a train to the top of the mountain which was about 1 800 meters above sea level. I went with seven other exchange students and couldn't believe my eyes. We went above all the fog and clouds, and it was a beautiful sunny day. The best part of all was the HUGE snow ball fight we had.. a snowball fight on the alps was like nothing I've ever experienced. I tried not to get too distracted by the beautiful views, because whenever I did, I got pegged in the head. It was difficult to try to stop looking for half an hour! The group of exchange students I went with today, are incredible people. They came from Canada, Mexico and Argentina. One of my favorite things is to sit, relax and just enjoy the world in front of you. We did a lot of that, sitting there talking whether we were drinking hot chocolate, sitting in the snow, sitting on the top of the mountain- it was perfect.








When I was on the ship back to Lucerne, we were heading toward the exit and as I walked through the restaurant part I looked down and saw a Canadian luggage tag on a backpack. I immediately got excited and asked "Are you from Canada?!?" They said yes and it turns out they're from BARRIE !! Barrie is a city that takes 40 minutes to drive to by car, from my house .. I was in shock. They are two women a few years older than I am and they are staying in France for two months with Georgian College, and decided to come to Lucerne for the weekend. After a really enjoyable conversation, I gave them my Rotary card and told them I could show them around Basel if they want to check it out! This is SUCH a small world!! It was incredible, it just so happens we were on the exact same boat, same time, and I just happened to take the route I did and saw her back pack, I love the connections you make while you're on exchange, it's mind boggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment