Friday, November 5, 2010

Swiss Indoors

All I heard about once I arrived here in Switzerland, is Roger Federer! Embarrassingly,  I didn't know who he was.. I quickly found out and tried to join into the conversations of how much everyone loves him! He is a tennis player from Switzerland, currently the 2nd best in the world but held the 1st best player in the world title for the longest time ever.

Last week the Officer of my exchange, Hanspeter, asked if I would like to go with him and his family to the Swiss Indoors!! It's the third largest tennis tournament in the world, with all the best players competing. They bought me a ticket and I watched Roger Federer take on Janko Tipserevic from Serbia. I proudly wore my Swiss t-shirt and clapped calmly as they do in tennis matches, cheering for the Swiss icon.

Roger Federer won the match and moved onto the 1/4 final round which he played today, and won that also! Lets go Roger!!!! :D





The hurdles of homesickness are:
3 days, 3 weeks & 3 months.. This third month has been a tricky one but once I'm through it than I'm in the clear and I'm almost there! I thought that I'd be on my own to deal with things, but you realize that it's never like that... You always have someone to talk to, and you should do that. As an exchange student, you get surrounded by supporters from your homeland and your host country and I thank each one of them. Everyone has that person that they go to about everything, and so I want to thank my best friend, Lily Gamble,  for being there every step of the way..


No comments:

Post a Comment