Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

I had a really good weekend, there were relaxing moments, hilarious moments, and moments when I danced so hard I thought my feet were going to fall off.

On Friday, Ana and I stayed at her house and just watched One Tree Hill (TV series) all night long, it was relaxing and I loved it!! It was nice to have a night in, relax lay down and just turn on the TV. Honestly, I don`t think I have watched a full episode of TV yet. Other than One Tree Hill which is on DVD, but I never have time and so in the last four months I have barely watched anything, which is the way it should be, so I`m very happy. (PS- I`m writing this at school on a German keyboard which is very difficult, so some symbols may not be correct because I can`t possibly find some symbols)

Saturday was the traditional Gymball Muttenz, basically like a Semi-Formal in Canada. You are allowed to bring as many guests as you want, so there must have been over 1 500 people there. It was amazing !! Everyone was so nicely dressed and so fancy, I loved it. I unfortunately didn`t take any pictures but I am in a few so once they are loaded onto Facebook, I`ll add them in here.

Sunday was also a great day because I went to my Rotary Counsellor`s house! We had a great supper and for Christmas, he bought me a beautiful Swiss watch !! I got to pick it out and of course I picked the one with a red band, with some swiss cross emblems on the band, with a big white cross on the main part of the watch where you read the time. It was SO nice of him !! I absolutely love it and will wear it all the time, and when I`m in Canada and want to know the time, I`ll think of Switzerland. It was an amazing gift! Peter, his wife Christine, his son and I all ate an amazing spaghetti dinner together. The last time I was there, was during the first week of my exchange I believe. It showed me how much I have learned since the last time I was there, because I remember that visit. It showed me how much my German has improved, how many different life lessons I`ve learned and all the challenges I have faced. It was the neatest feeling. Afterwards, I went with them to a choir show in the local church. It was amazing!! The choirs are everywhere here, as Christmas is just around the corner ( 4 days away !! )  so the choirs are the big traditions here in Switzerland and I love the shows they put on.
This is a picture they took and sent to my mom..


                           


I really apologize for my lack of photos I have taken lately, however I do have a few! As I walked to the Church on Sunday with Peter and Christine, there was an unbelievable sunset.

                           

Also, a friend from Orillia - Teresa Mayo, sent me mits in the mail !! I am so happy to proudly wear my Canadian mittens around Switzerland now..


                                


Also, as I waited in line for the dance on Saturday, here`s one of the only pictures I took that night, so sad about that!! In Basel, there are many sections around the city that have Winter carnivals or fests. Here`s a photo of a  tiny part to the big winter and Christmas display in Basel.


                               



So this Christmas is going to be a very busy one, and I`ll be sure to update you on all the different adventures I went on!! However, that won`t be until the New Year since I am so lucky to be going to the Alps for about 5 days in a house there. I`m going with Ana and her family, The Rohner`s. I always have an amazing time with them, so I`m REALLY excited.


So MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and a happy, happy New Year!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone has a safe holiday, filled with laughter, family and good food!!


No comments:

Post a Comment