Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rotary!! :)


Remember when I said the previous post was my last one before Christmas? Okay I may have just lied.

I have some time to spare and I had an incredible night with my Rotary Club so I thought that I'd share my night with you! Tonight was Rotary's Christmas dinner, and the Rotary is really different than my Rotary club in Canada. I can share all the differences with people when I come back to Canada!

This evening was the traditional Rotary Christmas Dinner. They combined two clubs, the Muttenz Rotary club and my Rotary Club: Augst-Raurica. It started off with a Christmas service in the church, with another beautiful choir and a beautiful mass. The church was GORGEOUS, so old and antique looking. Here is a picture of it from the outside:

                            

After that we went to the local meeting room and had a big dinner which began with the choir singing wonderful songs. One of my favorite Swiss songs here is Alparosa, and they sang that so I recorded it. Listen to this video to hear their AMAZING voices...


I walked around and introduced myself to different people since Swiss Rotary club doesn't have too much involvement with their exchange students attending meetings and whatnot (my club is changing that next year with the next exchange student!! :) ) , so I didn't know too many people. It was nice chatting and getting to know such interesting people, I really enjoyed it. The food was amazing!! For starters we had pumpkin soup which has become my favorite soup, then pasta, meat and vegetables for dinner and an assortment of different desserts. Here is a picture of the dessert I received!


It was a really great evening, I was involved in conversations throughout the whole night and the best part is that I didn't speak a word of English! That's the best feeling ever. Woooooo !!

Here are some more pictures to give you an idea of what dinner with a Rotary club in Switzerland looks like!!










NOW ! I'm going to say my last Christmas wishes - MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ! Stay safe and laugh lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment