Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What an incredible previous week, I LOVE THIS LIFE.

For starters, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! It seems like the theme of my Christmas Presents was "Switzerland!"
Take a look :)






It was so nice of my family and Rotary to be so generous to me this Christmas, so thank you to everyone...

I have soooooo much Swiss stuff now, it's incredible! I love wearing it around, and I will proudly wear it in Canada, remembering this incredible year.

On the 23rd, I had one of the most memorable Christmas dinners in my life... A very special dinner that helped me get through the hard times of the holiday season. I admit, Christmas time is amazing but it's also tough, as I'm sure you can understand. On the 23rd, my closest exchange student friends got together and we had our Spaghetti Christmas dinner. I laughed so hard until I cried, many times. These people are amazing, I love being with them. It's such good energy, everyone is positive and simply wants to have fun. Laughter and smiles are constantly upon everyones faces when we're together, they are my family.



The 24th, 25th and 26th was filled with host-family moments and it was incredible. Sometimes it was difficult because people were involved in their own conversations which was in the dialect Swiss German, and since I only understand High German it was a little hard to be apart of the conversations. However, I realized something that was pretty special. For a few moments it was tough, then I took a deep breath and realized something: I may not understand what they're saying, I may not be involved in the great talks that happen during Christmas, but when I look around the room at the many people sitting together at the tables, I saw Christmas and that's what mattered. I could hear the laughter and see the smiles -- Thank you Christmas. 






On the 27th I went to the house in the Alps, unbelievably incredible. I've been there before but just for the weekend, this time it was for 4 days. 2 days of sledding in the Alps, 2 days of skiing.. I have officially been skiing in the Swiss Alps. WOO!! I loved it, it was very hard but I had an amazing time. Ana's host parents are amazing ski teachers, one day Ana's host mom Monika skied with us, and the next day Ana's host dad Martin skied with us. They were both a HUGE help and it was really nice of them to dedicate their time to instruct us, I had a LOT of fun. Every night we played board games, it was honestly a dream come true. First of all, I LOVE board games and my favorite landscapes are mountains, and I had both of those at the same time. It was the perfect 4 days, I wish the time didn't go by so fast. I love that place and it is my dream to own a place like that in the Alps one day, that would be unbelievable.







New Years was amazing, I met a lot of really cool people and I had a hilarious night. Ana's host brother had a little party at his house and everyone had to bring 3 gifts: something funny, something they don't want anymore and something nice. There was one of those gift games with a dice, it was so funny. Definitely a New Year's I'll always remember!! I had such a blast. 

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and made lots of long lasting memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment