Monday, May 13, 2013

Buus, always in my heart.

It has been such an amazing time here, and I have a strong sense of nostalgia coming over me as I leave this amazing village once again. I am trying to be optimistic because I am SO lucky to have received this opportunity, but it's always sad leaving a place that is so near and dear to your heart. However, just like before, I will be back.

The Leuenberger family has such a special place in my heart, they are such an amazing family. They are full of energy, so nice, so welcoming, and also make amazing food hehe. As soon as you walk into this apartment, you feel right at home. They obviously made a huge impact, and made me feel so at home before, if I could walk in and 5 minutes later say I'm hungry and grab something from the fridge. It's home, this is home.

Yesterday we went to Rheinfallen and Schaffhausen. It was SO neat! We went to Schaffhausen first, and it has a place where Napoleon used to go to. A big concrete thing, kind of a castle I guess? It was so neat with an amazing view. Then we went to Rheinfallen which is the Niagra Falls of Canada hehe, much smaller but just as beautiful and special. We walked along the falls, and enjoyed our time together again. My host family went with two boyfriends of my host sisters, and we all get along so well. I feel like I am apart of the family, like I am a daughter and it feels so nice.

I'll let the pictures explain how beautiful the day was:









After we got back from the two beautiful places, I was invited to go to the Rohner’s for dinner. The Rohner’s are a family from Buus as well, that are very near and dear to my heart. Once I came to Switzerland, as you have seen in so many of my blogs earlier, I became instantly best friends with a very special person from Mexico, Ana. Ana and I did everything together, where she went I went, and where I went she went. Literally, everything. So when my family made trips to go places, Ana came and same with her family. I spent a lot of time with the Rohners because they hosted Ana at their house for around 8 months in total! They are an amazing family, so loving and welcoming as well. We did a lot of trips together, like to Toggenburg to their cottage in the mountains, and much much more. So it was so nice to see them again, and be with them. It was so nice to be back in that house, it felt so comforting. However, a big piece of it was missing, it made me miss Ana even more so. Her and I were inseparable for the year, and it has been quite an adjustment to be back here without her. To Ana, I miss you so much, I love you, and I can’t wait until we meet again. As I walked around where Ana and I used to go, it made me remember all the times her and I had together. As hard as that was, I am so lucky to be back and able to remember those things again and bring them back in my head and my heart. 




The Rohners and I went to a restaurant just across the bridge in Germany, it was a beautiful restaurant. Being the pasta love I am, as soon as I saw on the menu pasta-triologie I had to get it. It was three different types of pasta with three different types of sauces- WOW. It was so epical to catch up with Monika, Martin, Remo and Tim again. They are so welcoming and friendly, and it was so nice to hear everything they have been up to, and tell them everything I have been up to. AH it was so nice to be back with them, and they speak perfect English so it was great to have an English night and just talk away and catch up. Oh it felt so nice to be back, more memories to add to the memory bank in my head and in my heart. 



As I walked from the Rohners house back to my house in Buus, it was so special. I must have walked that same walk 100000 times when I lived here, always running back and forth from my house to Ana’s, and it was so nice to look at the way and have it feel just like it used to. I miss you so much Ana! Thanks Rohner family, for allowing me to have such a nice time with you again. Monika showed me her pictures from New Zealand, and WOW that’s on my bucket list now haha. Looking at her pictures made me thirst to just keep travelling, I don’t want to stop, I just want to keep exploring new countries… One day!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment