Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Time for another "see you later Switzerland"

It's always really hard to leave, I'm not going to pretend it's all rainbows and butterflies right now, because it's really hard to say goodbye to such a beautiful country. However, I am such a lucky person to have two beautiful countries to call my home... I am so lucky for these opportunities that keep falling in my lap, I have been truly blessed.

As I type, one of my friends is driving here to say goodbye, it's so nice to have people like that that will go out of their way for you to spend one more moment together. Tomorrow I leave at 5:50 am on a train to go to the train station, four of my friends are coming with me to say bye! I'm so shocked that they are, it's just so nice of them! The train trip is an hour, and it's also expensive, so it's so thoughtful of them to come.

I have had an amazing trip here, and as always I have learned more things about this country and about myself. This country has so many beautiful things to see, so many beautiful moments to experience, and so many beautiful breaths to spend taking. It truly hurts to leave it again, and it's sad to say goodbye to the people that have been so genuinely kind... people that will drop everything in, take in a stranger as an exchange student in, and two years later take their daughter back in. Everyone I have spent time with on this journey back here has been so incredibly generous, there are no words to show my appreciation for that. Constantly offering to pay for everything, constantly making sure my stay here is special, constantly showing me their love. I am so blessed to have these people in my life, and I don't know how I got so lucky to have the opportunities that I have, but I will take them and learn from everything, and I will bring Switzerland with me everywhere I go (now it's completely refreshened again).

So, now it's time to say goodbye to one of my best friends here in Switzerland, and in about 6 hours I have to wake up to head on my next journey, a summer in Canada.

I am so lucky to be so happy to be here, and also be so excited to be at home as well. Canada and Switzerland are literally the best of both worlds in every single way.

Thanks Switzerland for allowing me to see your beauty once again, and thank you Canada for being such a great country to go home to.

My adventure continues again, and with more knowledge, experience, and memories tucked inside my head and heart as I keep putting one foot in front of the other.

HOPP SCHWIIZ

1 comment:

  1. It's always really hard to leave, I'm not going to pretend it's all rainbows and butterflies right now, because it's really hard to say goodbye to such a beautiful country. However, I am such a lucky person to have two beautiful countries to call my home...

    Corrugated Carton Box Maker
    Rottery Slotter Machine

    ReplyDelete