Tuesday, September 7, 2010

a day in the life of a Swiss driver


The presentation went really well! I realize that everyone is different when they have to public speak and you just have to find what works for you, I found what works for me. I don't write down what I'm going to say, I don't have cue cards, I just talk. I had a power point presentation and I practiced in front of my host family and in front of my real family and every time I present it's different because I just do freestyle but it always works out. It's better for me because I can converse more with the audience and I am not looking down reading a paper, I look like I have memorized what I'm talking about, and overall it just feels better.

On my way to the rotary lunch, my host mom and I were rushing to get there since we were low on gas so we were going to be a little late. We turned the corner and I heard my host mom go "Ohhhh neinnnnn" so I look up and started laughing so hard. There were a hoard of cows crossing the street!!   The farmer was 'controlling' it but it was very slow and there were many stragglers that were not following the rest of the crew. One decided to stop and just stare at us for like 10 minutes..
                       

Overall, it took about 20 minutes of waiting there for these cows to cross the street. It was not very good timing, but I thought it was the funniest thing! 

I have officially met all my host parents that I will have here in Switzerland, and I couldn't be more happy about it. Each one of them is SO nice and welcoming, and I can't wait until I stay with each family. They're all so different from each other and I sat and ate lunch with them today, it makes me so excited for this upcoming year.

Tomorrow, I have to present to my German class another presentation about my life in Canada, except this time it is in GERMAN! I cheated a little- since I already had a power point presentation I just deleted the slides that I didn't need and added a few more and just translated all the English to German. It made this big project a LOT easier!!

Here we go again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment